- Forged blades
- Adjustable length
- 30-¦ tilt heads
- The new Swing Head is made from strong die-cast aluminum with a hand adjustable bolt to lock the angle tightly in place (+/- 30 degrees tilt)
- Drop forged blades give you greater cutting leverage even under tough conditions
- Single operation
- This trimmer is ideal to cut through green material up to 1/2"
- The swing head allows you to cut more "flush" to the main branch
Manufacturer supplies a limited warranty against material defects. Normal wear not included.
Review Summary (Based on 16 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for ARS LongReach Pruner Telescopic Heavy Duty Tilt Head Series
Just started pruning my small orchard and the ARS seems to be exactly what I need to get the job done. Cuts clean and is easy to manipulate around limbs.
Perfect light duty pruner for climbing roses. A ladder is not required to prune roses up to second floor level.
One day of working with the pruners and I noticed that the cast aluminum(I'll call it the hold part of the blade) had broken leaving part of it still attached at the screw. I called the [sales person] who sold it to me. She was quick to respond with an e-mail. She was very helpful with a solution to my problem. Also a manager from the manufacture contacted me. He sent me a replacement part with a request to send back the broken part with the return slip enclosed. It was a no hassle exchange, the kind I like. The customer service both companies have given me has been exceptional. I was back working with little down time. I'm very satisfied with the product so far, plus it's great to have a company stand behind it's products "without giving the run around". I look forward to my next purchase from A.M.Leonard. Thanks
This is a great light-weight trimmer with fantastic reach. It works smoothly and cuts well- just keep it clean and don't let it gum-up and it's great!
This is a high quality product, well made. It's exactly the product I needed to prune those hard to reach areas.
Read All 16 Reviews...
QUESTION: What are the common reasons that these units fail, and how do you avoid them?
ANSWER: The three most common problems are:
- Cutting branches that are too large which will stress the metal bands on the inside and may cause the guide that keeps them moving alongside each other to break. This in turn will interrupt the connection between the handle and the blade, which results in malfunctioning of the unit. These units are meant for fine pruning. They do not replace loppers. Whenever the connection between the blade is broken, either by normal wear and tear or by misuse, the factory recommends replacing both the Extension Slide Set (metal bands with all connecting parts)and the Joint Casing with the brass pins.
- Failing to hold the levers in when extending or retracting the unit. This prevents the brass pins from dragging along the housing and wearing down prematurely. The pins lock the unit in place. Once the pins are worn, this connection is interrupted.
- Customers sometimes slightly bend the tubing so the units won't extend or retract easily. This may not be noticable to the naked eye, but may be seen if you put a straight edge along the unit.
The newest design in the best-selling ARS long reach line. The mechanism and components have been redesigned for increased durability and strength. Perfectly balanced for ease of use and accuracy, these poles are light and maneuverable. Provides sharp, precision pruning without dragging out a ladder.