- 90 PSI
- 150 CFM
- 5' long
- Weighs 7 lbs
- Barrel is made of high-strength fiberglass
- Stainless steel nozzle
- Air-Spade Complete Kit: Wand with nozzle, locking storage case, 10' hose, and a 45 degree angled adapter for easier use in tight spots.
- Air digging tools generate less worker fatigue / injuries than a pick or shovel
- A pick and shovel are not damage free tools; while air is non-damaging to all kinds of buried utilities
Customer Reviews for Air Spade Digging Tool
- QUESTION: What size air hose do I need with Air Spade?:
- ANSWER: Generally, a 1" air hose is recommended
- QUESTION: Can the Air-Spade cut through anything beside soil?
- ANSWER: Generally, no. Soil is an unconsolidated assemblage of solid particles including clay, sand, and rock and sometimes organic matter. Voids between the particles are occupied by air and/or water. When compressed air is directed into soil at close range, air enters the voids where it expands, thereby fracturing the soil. Stronger, non-porous materials such as metal or plastic pipes, cables, or even tree roots are unaffected.
Amazing technology that uses supersonic air to dig through soil. It may sound like some sort of science fiction gadget, but the Air-Spade is real. Pressurized air digs through the toughest soils and clays, but on non-porous items like cable lines and tree roots it has little effect (no more 'uh-oh factor' on the job site). Gentle enough to use to aerate roots, locate roots when transplanting, perform root collar excavation, or locate buried utilities. Tough enough for trenching and digging holes for plants. Generates 150 cfm of air, moving at 90 psi. The cast aluminum handle and fiberglass barrel are lightweight and durable. Nozzle is machined stainless steel. For best performance, connect to a compressor rated to 150 cfm and 100 psi. Air-Spade Complete Kit: Wand with nozzle, locking storage case, 10' hose, and a 45 degree angled adapter for easier use in tight spots.