- Solid-forged metal alloy handles
- Rubber cushion shock absorber
- Locking mechanism
- Sap groove
- Wire cutter
- Overall weight 8.5 oz.
- Cutting capacity is approximately 3/4 in.
- Locking mechanism on pivot bolt assembly keeps it precise over time.
- The sap groove consists of a raised edge on the hook blade which allows the run off of sap, keeping the shear cutting smoothly.
- Replacement parts on this pruner make it a lifetime tool.
- It is a well made pruner that will last a lifetime, eliminating the need to buy a lot of replacement shears over the years
- It is easy to find replacement parts for Felcos
Parts List for Felco Pruners
Instructions To Change The Anvil Blade
Review Summary (Based on 22 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for Felco® Model 2 Hand Pruners, 1-inch Cutting Capacity
In my opinion, these are the absolute BEST pruners on the market!
If you prune for a living, they are the best!
Felco 2 is the standard. We have recently tried the ARS VS8Z. We find that the ARS unit requires less effort to cut exactly the same size of material. The Felco 2 however is far easier to adjust and repair that the ARS.
One of the best pruners made. Durable, easy to use, well made, i have had the same pruner for fifteen years.
I began using Felco pruners as a co-op at Walt Disney World. Almost 20 years later I still use Felco pruners because they are truly the best.
Read All 22 Reviews...
QUESTION: Can the shear be sent in for repair?
ANSWER: Felco does have a repair facility which is mostly used for their more expensive power products. The standard hand pruners could be sent in for repair but by the time shipping, parts, and labor are added it is usually not cost effective. We sell replacement parts which are easy to replace.
The classic that professionals have relied upon for over 40 years! Without a doubt, our best hand shear, at the best price anywhere! This is the original Felco design, and has remained unchanged for over forty years. This model, like all other Felco products, continues the tradition of workmanship. Replaceable precision ground forged cutting blade, with sap groove and soft wire cutter. Tough, easy grip forged alloy handles, rubber shock absorbers. Locking mechanism on pivot bolt. 8.5-inch overall length; weight of 8.5 oz.