- Jaw opening of up to 1 1/2"
- Blade length approx. 4"
- Made in Italy for A.M. Leonard.
- Precise cutting action and ultimate control, cuts limbs up to 1.5" without bruising
- Stainless steel Swedish blades can last a lifetime
- Strong tubular steel handles with comfortable grips are lightweight, yet stong enough for the toughest jobs
- Replaceable cutting blades with a Rockwell hardness of 52+/- 54
- Light enough to work with all day, just the right size for your close work
- Shock absorbers to lessen the shock to you when you finish a cut, and they are replaceable
A.M. Leonard, Inc. warrants all its tools identified with the "A.M. Leonard Lifetime Warranty" to be free from material defects for the life of the tool.
Review Summary (Based on 9 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for Leonard Professional Lifetime Loppers, 1.5-inch Cutting Capacity
Absolutely a Great Tool
We have used the #70170 loppers for volunteer events, and they have proven to hold up under heavy use no matter what the level of experience of users. We can turn volunteers loose with these and not worry about them breaking.
28 inch loppers
We ordered and tried a number of similar loppers to see which we liked best. The AM Leonard ones were by far the best. Super sharp and easy to use.
Excellent quality, durability, and price. These loppers are ruggedly built and produce a superior cut and maintain their sharp edge.
A.M. Lenoard Loppers
I bought this pair of loppers to see if they really did work like they are advertised and I have been very happy with them. They work just as well as Felco's at a more reasonable price.
Never a problem with these loppers
I have used the lopper with the 19" handles doing maintenence at a large commercial display garden for many years, I've taken care of them and they have always worked well.I have used them for seasonal pruning for about 75-100 trees and shrubs there. I recently purchased the ones with 23" handles, I have been using them to prune my apple trees at home. I love them, I am a smaller person, so I like the extra "reach"!
Read All 9 Reviews...
- QUESTION: What is the difference between the Old Style and New Style Bumpers?
- ANSWER: The Old Style Bumpers have 3 parts, including a screw. The New Style Bumpers are 1 part, and are pushed on over a flange.
Lifetime warranty delivers absolutely the best loppers you can buy!Lifetime warranty. This design delivers ultimate control and power to cut limbs up to 1.5 inches in diameter without bruising. High carbon Swedish steel blades last a lifetime. Strong tubular aluminum alloy handles have comfortable molded composite grips. Replaceable cutting blades have a sharp 4-inch cutting edge, and a Rockwell hardness of 52 +/- 2. Choose your handle length below for optimal performance!