- 18" and 24" metal wide head
- 54" handle, 1" thick
- Continuous tine construction with steel spring brace
- Weighs 2.6 lbs
- Wood Handle provides traditional, comfortable feel
- Composite handle has added strength, durability, and prevents weathering
- Fiberglass handle option provides lightest weight and a high strength
- Head bolts to the handle with two bolts and won't loosen over time
- Durable reinforced spring tines
- 1" diameter, not 7/8" (or even less) gives easier grip, less hand fatigue, and greater durability
- 54" long, not 48" for more comfort and longer reach
- The head isn't just held in place with a screw or a pin, the bolt goes all the way through the handle. This one will just never get loose and sloppy
- The tines are reinforced with an additional spring, to help you 'dig in' to a pile of wet leaves when you have to, without damaging the rake
- Rake leaves, grass, or other debris, lightly de-thatch your lawn, level mulch or wood chips, clean out beds, pull pruning clippings out of shrubbery like taxus (Japanese yew), or use upside down after seeding grass to mix the seed in the top layer of soil
A.M. Leonard, Inc. warrants all its tools identified with the "A.M. Leonard Lifetime Warranty" to be free from material defects for the life of the tool
Review Summary (Based on 10 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for Leonard Spring Rakes
This rake is tops for me. I have the composite handle and two wooden handle versions. The metal head on this rake has far outlasted the other brands I have tried. Worth the price.
I break wooden handled tools, so finding a strong rake with a composite handle was important. This is a great general purpose leaf rake. They ship it in two boxes. If you have heavy, wet leaves, or want to dethatch for seeding, etc. then I'd go for the forestry rake (the composite handle fits it, but you have to order that extra). I bought both.
I bought it on the advice of my sales representative Shirley who I trust completely, she is a great sales rep. I am a part time business, have not used it as much as some of the other businesses but so far I love it. Well built item!
Great rake. Love the fiberglass handle. also like it for the 18 inch width. well built long lasting and the orange color keeps the crew from leaving it behind.
I started using this rake in my business as an alternative to the Ames spring rake. Overall, the Leonard spring rake is built better as it has a thicker handle and two bolts with nylon lock nuts attaching the head to the handle. It does, however, seem like the steel could be better quality as the tines and the spring seem to break sooner than they should.
Read All 10 Reviews...
Our design is stronger and lasts longer!The durable reinforced spring tine rake comes with a large 1" diameter 54" long handle, in your choice of hardwood or fiberglass composite. Steel tines are continuous one side to the other and are reinforced by a spring steel brace. Strong durable two bolt assembly won't come loose. Lifetime warranty.