Root Pouch pot sizes are available in five longevities:
- 15-18 month
- 18-24 month
- 3-4 year
- 4-5 year
- 5-6 year
Key Points for Commercial Grower:
- Reduces wind blow over
- Prevents roots from circling
- Can be used with potting machines
- Stacks great on trucks for shipping
- No trunk wrap needed - no sharp edges
- Great for above ground growing
- Great for pot in pot field liners
- Creates dense fibrous roots
- Pots can be washed, sterilized & re-used
- Creates insulation from winter cold
- Allow roots to cool in summer heat
- Allows air and water to freely pass
- Great with drip systems and overheads
- Decreases risk of transplant shock
- Perfect for aquatic plants
- Will withstand UV rays
- Stronger healthier starts
- Better use of water and nutrients
- Quicker growing times
- Better drainage
- Pots will breakdown in landfills - unlike their fabric and plastic counterparts
- Made of 100% recycled materials
- Leaves a smaller carbon footprint
- Reduces amount of plastic water bottles entering the landfills
- Does not require one drop of new fossil fuel to create
- Requires less fuel to ship than plastic, less transportation costs to you
- Requires 40% less storage than plastic
Review Summary (Based on 26 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for Root Pouch Degradable Pots
Like the versatility - don't have to commit to a hardscaped rasied bed. In northern New England they help keep tomatoes and sweet potatoes warm. And then you can just dump the potatoes out! Do need to remember to water more frequently and you can't drag them by the handles when they're full - they break/come unstitched. Best price on the fabric pots I've found anywhere.
Loved this product it's compact light weight ,keeps roots cool in warm weather, no over watering or rain drowning and air prunes the roots
so you avoid circle root.
The larger sizes are great for dwarf fruit trees and large shrubs.
First time using this product, it measures up so far.
This is my first time using these pouches. They have been something I wanted to try for early vegetables and I am so glad I gave them a try. Pouches are well made and the squash I transplanted has double in size I less than a week. Better for container gardens than the plastic pots and you can always put them in baskets for a better look.
I bought the 1 gal. pouches to start dahlia tubers. The flexibility makes them efficient, since they adjust around the stiff tubers. I shared some with friends who are more serious gardeners, and will report back with their opinions; they certainly seem to be a great alternative to stacks of plastic!
Read All 26 Reviews...
As low as 32 cents a pot - much cheaper! A more economical and environment-friendly nursery pot! Plus, since they're lightweight and compact for transport, you save on transportation costs since they require less fuel to ship than plastic! And, save on warehouse space -- these require 40% less storage than plastic pots!
Award winning technology takes a mixture of recycled natural fibers and recycled bottles otherwise destined for our landfills and turns them into a lightweight, breathable geotextile that is then crafted into plant pots that breakdown (degrade) once they are planted in the ground. These fabric pots are wonderful for plants - roots can cool in summer, and not suffocate from over-watering. The fabric material lets water permeate so there's sufficient drainage without holes in the pot.
A healthier alternative for the environment! Every year, millions of plastic pots require petroleum and fossil fuels to be created, and then eventually they are discarded to clog up our landfills. Made from 100% recycled materials, our root pouches can be used, washed, reused, and then even composted when done. Plus, because they're made from flexible fabric, there's no worries about pots chipping or breaking, or having to clean up pot shards like with clay pots. Also available custom order with logo imprints and with handle and no handle options. Sold by the bundle.