Root Pouch pot sizes are available in five longevities:
Key Points for Commercial Grower:
- 15-18 month
- 18-24 month
- 3-4 year
- 4-5 year
- 5-6 year
- Reduces wind blow over
- Prevents roots from circling
- Can be used with potting machines
- Stacks great on trucks for shipping
- No trunk wrap needed - no sharp edges
- Great for above ground growing
- Great for pot in pot field liners
- Creates dense fibrous roots
- Pots can be washed, sterilized & re-used
- Creates insulation from winter cold
- Allow roots to cool in summer heat
- Allows air and water to freely pass
- Great with drip systems and overheads
- Decreases risk of transplant shock
- Perfect for aquatic plants
- Will withstand UV rays
- Stronger healthier starts
- Better use of water and nutrients
- Quicker growing times
- Better drainage
- Pots will breakdown in landfills - unlike their fabric and plastic counterparts
- Made of 100% recycled materials
- Leaves a smaller carbon footprint
- Reduces amount of plastic water bottles entering the landfills
- Does not require one drop of new fossil fuel to create
- Requires less fuel to ship than plastic, less transportation costs to you
- Requires 40% less storage than plastic
Review Summary (Based on 21 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for Root Pouch Degradable Pots
prices were very reasonable, and delivery of products were very timely.highly recommend any of these products.... Thanks, will be ordering again..
I use this for my hot peppers and they loving it...its cheap and space saver at the same time!
These pots are working great so far. I've used other more expensive fabric pots and for the money, these are great. The only draw back I can see is you have to use both hands to pick them up compared to small plastic pots that I can pick up with one hand.
We used the 3 gallon pouches on 90 David Austin bareroot roses in April and they worked great and are bigger then the dimensions claim because they are more flexible then a plastic pot. On the con side they do dry out faster then plastic pots because they are so breathable. I have not planted the roses yet in the gardens so I can't testify to how well the rose will do compared to growing them in plastic pots. Will report later on my results.
I got these to start a bunch of little tree whips. The great environmental factors convinced me to buy vs.using odds and ends around the farm. So far, they are all they claim, very tough in an above ground nursery situation with excellent drainage. I won't be putting them on the ground until this fall or next spring so final appraisal still to come.
Read All 21 Reviews...
As low as 32 cents a pot - much cheaper! A more economical and environment-friendly nursery pot! Plus, since they're lightweight and compact for transport, you save on transportation costs since they require less fuel to ship than plastic! And, save on warehouse space -- these require 40% less storage than plastic pots!
Award winning technology takes a mixture of recycled natural fibers and recycled bottles otherwise destined for our landfills and turns them into a lightweight, breathable geotextile that is then crafted into plant pots that breakdown (degrade) once they are planted in the ground. These fabric pots are wonderful for plants - roots can cool in summer, and not suffocate from over-watering. The fabric material lets water permeate so there's sufficient drainage without holes in the pot.
A healthier alternative for the environment! Every year, millions of plastic pots require petroleum and fossil fuels to be created, and then eventually they are discarded to clog up our landfills. Made from 100% recycled materials, our root pouches can be used, washed, reused, and then even composted when done. Plus, because they're made from flexible fabric, there's no worries about pots chipping or breaking, or having to clean up pot shards like with clay pots. Also available custom order with logo imprints and with handle and no handle options. Sold by the bundle.