- 120 volt electrical
- Comes with two bevel guides ranging from 20 degrees to 65 degrees
- Three-way power switch; off, grinding-on, and sharpening-momentary
- Three belts for different blade sharpening needs: Coarse (green belt) for grinding and sharpening most tools; Medium (red belt) for knife and scissor sharpening; Fine (purple belt) for honing knives
- Small compact design makes the Work Sharp easy to store or take with you. Versatile belt design allows you to sharpen nearly anything with a blade
- Work Sharp's flexible belts create a superior convex grind on the blade. A convex edge is stronger, cuts better and stays sharp longer. Most knife sharpeners create a flat bevel on a blade, causing the edge to get thicker when re-sharpened, which increases friction, and reduces cutting performance
- Manufacturer supplies a 1 year warranty.
Review Summary (Based on 4 Reviews)
Customer Reviews for Work Sharp® Knife and Tool Sharpener
Not very transparent
I was specifically looking for something to make sharpening my work pruners and loppers simple. Their ad touts 'No more second guessing'. It's not until you've purchased the product and read through the
brochure that you find one small passage regarding pruners. You have to free-hand them. The guide isn't for them.
In addition this sharpener uses sanding belts that are specific to it, so not available at your neighborhood hardware store. They're very pricey. You pay $14.00 for three (3) & another $6.00 for delivery.
That's nearly $7.00 for a loop of sand paper. I have worn down a heavy duty green belt in sharpening 2-3 pruners.
I think this manufacturer should really reconsider their pricing. $14.00 for 30 belts (and the ability to choose the grits you need) would be a lot more reasonable. I am left with the distinct feeling I've been duped.
Work Sharp Knife and Tool Sharpener
It is the best sharpener I've ever purchased. Used it to re-sharpen a hundred dollar set of steak knives, they came out sharper then the original, and I was ready to throw them away. Also sharpened a few garden tools, they are better then new, it's a keeper!
I have waited a long time for a versatile blade sharpener. This little guy seems to fit the bill.
I wanted to resharpen my Felco Pruner blades, but found all the other sharpeners too clumsy or inadequate for the task. This sharpener can, with a little bit of contortion, resharpen a Felco blade while in the pruner. For best results, I would recommend removing the blade and sharpening it separately.
the best mini tool sharpener
My guys are always asking for files to sharpen their pruners and knives. Well once I purchased this machine no more files and they love this machine.
- QUESTION: What gauge extension cord should I use?
- ANSWER: It depends on the overall length of electrical cord you need: Up to 25' - 18 gauge. 26' to 50' - 16 gauge. 51' to 100' - 16 gauge. 101' to 150' - 14 gauge.
Great for pruners, mower blades, grafting knives and more!
If it's got an edge, the Work Sharp will sharpen it! Knife makers use abrasive belts to sharpen knives - now you can too! Innovative belt design flexes to any blade shape creating a strong, shaving-sharp edge.
Comes complete with everything you need to sharpen and hone all your knives - from outdoor knives, mower blades to kitchen knives. Great for sharpening scissors, pruners, twine cutters, soil knives - anything with a cutting edge.
No more second guessing! Includes 2 bevel guides ranging from 20° to 65°. Guides ensure consistent and accurate blade sharpening every time!
Versatile design! The small, compact design makes the Work Sharp easy to store or easy to take with you. Plus the belt's design allows you to sharpen nearly anything with a blade!
Beats the competition! Most knife sharpeners create a flat bevel on a blade's edge. THEIR edge gets thicker when resharpened which increases friction. However with OURS, Work Sharp's flexible belts create a superior convex grind on the blade. A convex edge is stronger, cuts better and stays sharp longer!