Cucumber Beetle Trap & Lure
Estimated in stock on May 25, 2022 Remind Me!
Capture and monitor cucumber beetles with this non-toxic trap!
This package contains everything you need to trap or monitor spotted and striped cucumber beetles. The yellow trap features a long-lasting, non-toxic adhesive that traps the insects. An included lure attracts beetles to the trap. This pack contains one trap and one lure.
Cucumber beetles are a pest common to crops in the cucurbit family. Though they prefer these types of crops, they also cause substantial damage to other crops. This trap is a non-toxic option for monitoring or eliminating these destructive pests. To use, place one trap for every 2,000 square feet for monitoring insect activity; use one trap every 400 square feet for pest control. Place a single lure on or near each trap. The lure continues to attract beetles for three to four weeks depending on temperature. Replace the sticky trap when it becomes covered with insects or dirt.
Experts at Oregon State University developed the cucumber beetle lure through years of research. Further testing by Virginia Tech showed a 10 to 1 ratio of effectiveness when compared to untreated cards. Researchers at the University of Missouri/Lincoln University used the lure to trap a total of 3,217 beetles during a six-week trial!
- Traps included: 1
- Trap color: Yellow
- Lures included: 1
- Effective area for monitoring (square feet): 2,000
- Effective area for pest control (square feet): 400
- Cucumber beetle sticky trap
- Non-toxic adhesive
- Lure included
- A passive, non-toxic option for trapping/monitoring cucumber beetles
- Lure has undergone extensive testing for maximum efficiency
- Lure continues to attract beetles for up to 4 weeks depending on temperature
- Bright yellow color makes it easy to determine insect density