Jumbo Easy-Read Rain Gauge
SEE ALL TIER PRICING
Buy 30 for $16.27 each and save 7%Buy 78 for $11.69 each and save 33%
Easy to read from up to 50 feet away!Oversized 20 inch tube measures rainfall from a slight sprinkle up to 5 inches. Unique funnel design calibrated so one inch of rain raises the float nearly 4 inches! Durable, high impact plastic.
- Dimensions: 20 inches x 1-3/4 inches
- Molded from high impact plastic
- Mounting bracket included
- Registers up to 5 inches of rainfall
- Entry funnel is constructed to prevent debris from entering tube
- Can be read from a distance of 50 feet
- Yellow markings with contrasting colored float are easy to see from a distance
- Easily mounted with included mounting bracket
- Manufacturer supplies a one-year limited warranty.
- QUESTION: I don't understand if it rains one inch why it would show 4 inches. Can you please explain this? ANSWER: The rain gauge has a gathering funnel at the top that gathers the rain from more than a 'one square inch' area. A one-inch rainfall would gather one inch of water if the rain gauge didn't have the funnel. If the funnel was the size that would cover 2 square inches, one inch of rainfall would show as 2 inches in the rain gauge. If the funnel was the size that would cover 3 square inches, one inch of rainfall would show as 3 inches in the rain gauge. The funnel is calibrated to gather the water from a large enough area to raise the rain gauge more than 4 for each inch of rain that actually falls. The gauge is made like this so that it is easier to read, and so that the amount of rainfall can be determined from a distance.
Write Your Own Review