Leonard Round-Point Closed-Back Shovel with Tuff-Flex™ Composite Handle
Designed for the toughest of jobs!
We equip this Leonard Round-Point Closed-Back Shovel with a tempered steel blade. We reinforce the blade by welding an additional steel ribbon to the back. This 14-gauge steel head measures 9-1/4 inches wide and 12 inches long and has a black surface coating.
This shovel has a 48-inch long Tuff-Flex Composite handle. This handle provides superior durability at the cost of some added weight. An extended 11-inch socket provides a secure head-to-handle connection.
Leonard Round-Point Closed-Back Shovels make any digging job easier. The closed-back design prevents soil buildup during use. Their black coating and flat surface make them extremely easy to clean.
We engineer these shovels for the toughest of jobs. The durable steel blades resist rust and corrosion. A notched handle end bends to conform to the curve of the handle. This bend supports the core through the neck of the shovel. Thru rivets maximize the strength of the head and handle connection. We back these tools with our lifetime warranty!
- Overall length (inches): 59
- Overall width (inches): 9-1/4
- Overall weight (pounds): 6
- Head material: Steel
- Head thickness (gauge): 14
- Head length (inches): 12
- Head width (inches): 9-1/4
- Handle material: Composite plastic
- Handle type: Straight
- Handle length (inches): 48
- Handle lift (inches): 28-1/2
- This product is covered under A.M. Leonard's exclusive Lifetime Warranty Program. Click Here for more Details.
- Round-point, closed-back shovel
- High strength tempered steel blade
- Steel ribbon reinforcement
- Black surface coating
- Extended socket
- Engineered to take on the toughest of jobs
- Closed-back design prevents soil buildup
- Black coating resists rust and corrosion and makes cleanup easier
- Notched end bends to conform with the curve of the handle to support the core through the neck
- 5.47 pounds
The handle of the Leonard Round Point Closed Back Shovel measures 48 inches long, providing the user with a comfortable grip and leverage to tackle tough jobs.
2. What is the material of the shovel's head?
The Leonard Round Point Closed Back Shovel has a tempered steel blade with a steel ribbon reinforcement attached to the back. This 14 gauge steel head measures 9 1/4 inches wide and 12 inches long and has a black surface coating that resists rust and corrosion.
3. What is the feature of the closed back design?
The closed back design of the Leonard Round Point Closed Back Shovel prevents soil buildup during use, which makes it easier to clean.
4. What is the weight of the Leonard Round Point Closed Back Shovel?
The Leonard Round Point Closed Back Shovel weighs 6 pounds, which provides the user with the strength and durability needed to tackle tough gardening and landscaping tasks.