- Company Overview
- Employee Testimonials
View open positions in the following departments:
Associate Account Manager
Be challenged, Be rewarded, Be confident of your career choice!
Are you a high energy self-starter who is motivated to succeed? Are you interested in partnering with businesses nationwide to provide cost effective solutions for their horticultural tool and supply needs? Are you ready to join a company with a world-class reputation, competitive compensation and excellent benefits?
If you have decided you want a career and not just a job, the Associate Account Manager program at A.M. Leonard Company in Piqua, OH is the place for you. This entry-level sales position works with business-to-business customers while earning a base hourly rate and uncapped commission and bonus potential.
We continue to build on our 130-year legacy of providing quality products and superior service to the horticultural industry and are committed to recruiting, hiring and retaining talented team members for our Associate Account Manager program. When you join our team you’ll become part of an innovative culture that helps our customers grow and prosper. Our culture, our environment, our services and products, and most of all, our people, make this a great place to work.
What’s In It for You?
- Competitive compensation: base hourly rate with uncapped commission and bonus potential
- Monthly and annual bonus programs
- Average first-year earnings: $28,000 - $30,000
- Training Program
- 401(k) with company vesting and matching
- Medical, vision, dental insurance
- Superior work environment
What We Want:
- Customer relations experience with an interest in building relationships with current and potential accounts
- Demonstrates enthusiasm, an entrepreneurial spirit, and a high degree of ownership and accountability for achieving results
- Ability to quickly learn new information and adapt to a changing industry
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to organize, multi-task and prioritize opportunities
- Digitally savvy; strong proficiency with MS Office and the internet as a research and sales tool along with strong keyboarding skills
What to do Next:
If you think you have what it takes to join our next training class on October 5th 2015:
- Call our Recruiting Line at (937) 381-1300. You will have up to 5 minutes to give us your name and answer these 3 questions:
- Tell us something significant about yourself that we cannot read in your resume.
- Tell us what most attracts you to this position.
- Tell us what qualities or characteristics you possess that would make you successful in this position.
Then: Send your resume by email to email@example.com . Please put Associate Account Manager in the subject line.
In 1885, Ashbel Merrel Leonard started a nursery as a hobby in his backyard in Piqua, Ohio. By 1912 he and his sons Parker and Stanley established A.M. Leonard & Sons as a nursery/landscaping service. The business was further developed in 1928 when A. M. and his youngest son John started a wholesale horticultural tool and supply company serving nursery and landscape customers. In 1941, following the death of A. M. Leonard, John became the President of the company. John’s forte was customer service. He mailed out 7,500 pocket-sized catalogs per year and monitored the purchases of each customer. John kept impeccable notes. When an order was not received from a customer within a year, John would contact the customer personally to ask how his organization might be of better service. The call usually resulted in a sale. Since only the finest quality tools were offered, customers always knew that when they bought something from the Piqua based company, they would receive the highest quality.
Howard Kyle became a partner with John Leonard in February 1964. Like the Leonard’s, Howard had a strong background in the nursery and mail order businesses. His family owned Springhill Nursery in Tipp City, Ohio. Howard quickly learned the A. M. Leonard operation. Ill health caused John Leonard to retire early, and Howard took over as sole owner inheriting a staff of 8. Howard and the staff expanded the catalog and merchandising operations emphasizing customer service, product dependability, and fast order response serving growers, landscapers, foresters, arborists, contractors, golf courses, resorts, grounds management and gardeners. In 1979 continuous growth caused the company to move again to a 20,000 square foot facility with 15 employees. Fourteen years later, in November of 1993, the company made a major commitment to its customers and the community by constructing a new 50,000 square foot facility.
In 1996, A.M. Leonard produced its first Retail Catalog to reach the serious home gardener. In 2005, as this segment of the business continued to grow, A.M. Leonard re-introduced the Retail publication as A.M. Leonard’s Gardeners Edge, offering gardeners the quality and selection they couldn’t find locally.
In 1999, A.M. Leonard introduced an industry exclusive Corporate Account Program. This service provides their professional customers with a dedicated Account Manager (single point of contact) who is truly devoted to learning and understanding their business and is invested in their continued success. Their goal will always be to meet or exceed your needs and expectations.
Also in 1999, A.M. Leonard introduced its line of A.M. Leonard Brand Tools. The A.M. Leonard line of tools offers the quality and features that most manufacturers aren’t willing to make –– all at a price that saves money and helps produce results you can stand behind.
The Internet has added another exciting dimension to the daily business activity at A.M. Leonard as their presence there continues to grow with two company web sites and sales through Amazon.com.
A.M. Leonard keeps in close touch with local customers through their Counter Sales in the company Showroom. Here professionals and homeowners enjoy picking up their product on the spot and getting right back to the job. In May 2005 Howard Kyle passed away at the age of 94 while still working six days a week. Today, under the leadership of Gregory Stephens, grandson of Howard Kyle, A.M. Leonard’s state-of-the-art Distribution facility has expanded to over 100,000 square feet with more than 100 dedicated employees. A. M. Leonard, Inc. continues today as a leader in the horticultural tool and supply business with emphasis on doing business the “old fashioned way”. They offer quality products, superior customer service and a selection of over 7,000 items. A.M. Leonard understands customers have a choice on where to shop and pledges to continue its tradition of exceptional products and service.
A.M. Leonard is dedicated to ensuring our employees have the resources needed to care for themselves and their families. Below is a snapshot of our extensive Employee Benefits Package.
Available at Hire:
- Paid Personal Time
- Additional PTO (Paid Time Off) may be earned quarterly by meeting attendance guidelines
- Accrual of Paid Vacation Time
- 2 weeks for 1 - 4 years of service
- 3 weeks after 5 years of service
- Paid Holidays
- Direct Deposit
- Bereavement Leave
- Employee Purchase Discount
- Fitness Center
Available on the first of the month following 90 days of employment:
- Medical Insurance
- Vision & Dental Insurance
- Wellness Program
- Additional PTO may be earned quarterly by participating in a company-sponsored Fitness Program and meeting attendance guidelines
- Short Term Disability
- Life Insurance
- Health Savings Accounts
- Flexible Spending Accounts
Available after 1 year of employment:
- 401 (k) with company match
- Service Recognition Program
***All benefits listed are available to Fulltime Regular status employees and Part-time Regular status employees who work at least 1200 hours each year. Other Part-time or Seasonal Staff are eligible for Holiday Pay and the Employee Purchase Discount.