BioBee BioOrius Thrip PLUS Control
A natural predator of numerous pest species!Biobee's BioOrius is the predatory bug, Orius insidiosus, which belongs to the family Anthocoridae, which are minute pirate bugs. Orius insidiosus is packed in a 100cc bottle containing 1,000 predatory bugs mixed in a vermiculite carrier. At least 80% are adults and the rest are 4th and 5th instar nymphs. BioOrius is shipped in isolated styrofoam boxes chilled with icepacks. This packaging must be kept intact until it reaches the end user. The species Orius laevigatus is found throughout the Mediterranean basin, from the Atlantic region of Western Europe to the Eastern Mediterranean, including Israel. Orius insidiosus is a small insect (1.5-2.5 mm in length) equipped with piercing-sucking mouthparts, and two pairs of wings, the front pair being partially rigid. The adult is brown/black with grey spots. Male and female can be distinguished by the tip of their abdomen, which is pointed in the female. The female's ovipositor may be visible using a magnifying glass. The material can be either dispersed from the bottle directly over the plants or applied by especially designed distribution boxes that are hung on the plants. If necessary, BioOrius can be stored for 24 hours at room temperature (55-77°F). In any case, the bottle should never be left under direct sunlight. BioOrius is compatible with selective conventional chemicals (according to the list of compatible chemicals provided by BioBee). Prior to opening, hold bottle horizontally and rotate gently to allow proper mixing of the bugs in the vermiculite carrier. Apply BioOrius either early in the morning or late in the afternoon, under relatively mild temperatures. It is not recommended to delay the application of BioOrius. The frequency of introductions should be determined according to the nature of the target crop and the level of infestation by thrips. In crops where Orius insidiosus can feed on pollen, such as sweet pepper, you can introduce preventively before the appearance of the target pests, when flowers first appear. Where pollen is not available for the predators, Orius insidiosus should be introduced upon the first appearance of the target pests. The release rate depends upon the nature of the crop, the ecosystem (open field or greenhouse) and the level of pest infestation. Temperatures of 70 to 80°F and humidity above 60 percent will enhance this predator's activity and ensure its success. These live insects MUST ship via two-day air. Please call for pricing. This product is not valid for any free or reduced shipping offers.
- BioOrius is a natural predator of numerous pest species.
- Contains Orius insidiosus, a predatory bug from the family Anthocoridae.
- Shipped in a 100cc bottle containing 1,000 predatory bugs mixed in a vermiculite carrier.
- Can be dispersed from the bottle directly over the plants or applied by specially designed distribution boxes.
- Compatible with selective conventional chemicals (according to the list of compatible chemicals provided by BioBee).
- Effective against various thrips species, aphids, whiteflies, mites, and moth eggs.
- Observed on trees, shrubs, and in dozens of agricultural crops such as strawberries, sweet peppers, melons, beans, basil, cotton, alfalfa, and corn.
Write Your Own Review