Perforated Budding Tape, 857 Strips, 25mm Thick x 1in Width x 2-3/4in Length
Save time and labor costs!
The best characteristics of rubber strips, nylon tape, wax and paraffin! Buds and grafts succeed at a high rate. The secret is its elasticity - a gentle stretch makes it self-adhesive. Seals the bud or graft tightly.
Keeps the bud moist and secure while allowing air to permeate the wound. Permits a young, healthy bud to emerge through the tape. No need to remove by hand: biodegradable in sunlight.
Works well in cold or hot weather. Recommended for: deciduous fruit and nut trees, roses, grapevines, citrus fruit trees, coniferous evergreens, ornamental trees, deciduous shade trees, and bonsai trees. 857 perforated 25 mm tape strips per roll; each measures 1" x 2-3/4" (unstretched), to create up to 1,714 tyings. Fast and easy for both T and chip buddings!
- Roll of 1" wide tape, perforated into 2 3/4" strips(unstreched) with 857 strips per roll. User may get several tyings from one strip. May do up to 1,714 tyings of smaller budded or grafted material. Best use of tape is to wrap twice above bud or graft, once over top of bud or graft, and twice again below bud or graft. Bud will emerge through tape without human interference. Tape is biodegradable and should be left on plant material until nearly or completely degraded. Do not remove tape by hand.
- This product is covered under A.M. Leonard's exclusive 30-Day Down to Earth Guarantee. Click Here for more Details.
- Primarily made of paraffin, with a little rubber.
- Breaks down naturally, with no residue.
The Budding Tape Perforated is recommended for deciduous fruit and nut trees, roses, grapevines, citrus fruit trees, coniferous evergreens, ornamental trees, deciduous shade trees, and bonsai trees.
2. What are the characteristics of the Budding Tape Perforated that make it effective?
Its elasticity makes it self-adhesive, and it seals the bud or graft tightly, allowing air to permeate the wound. The tape keeps the bud moist and secure, and permits a young, healthy bud to emerge through the tape. It is also biodegradable and breaks down naturally with no residue.
3. How many tyings can be created using one roll of Budding Tape Perforated?
One roll of the 1" wide tape, perforated into 2 3/4" strips (unstretched), contains 857 strips. Users may get several tyings from one strip, and may do up to 1,714 tyings of smaller budded or grafted material.
4. How is the Budding Tape Perforated applied to a plant?
The tape should be wrapped twice above the bud or graft, once over the top of the bud or graft, and twice again below the bud or graft. The bud will emerge through the tape without human interference, and the tape should be left on the plant material until nearly or completely degraded. It should not be removed by hand.