Council Tool 3.5lb Michigan Double Bit Axe
Versatile hand sharpened double bits make the Michigan pattern axe ideal for all cutting and splitting tasks. Perfectly balanced axe for light weight feel that allows for accurate consistent strokes. Forged steel, 3.5lb axe head is coated with red enamel and cutting edges coated in clear lacquer to deter rust. Equipped with 36" American hickory handle. Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening. Axe head is hydraulically seated onto handle and secured with serrated aluminum wedge. Made in the USA! Ship wt. 5.5lb.
- Forged steel 3.5lb Michigan Pattern Double Bit Axe
- Hand sharpened double bits ideal for all cutting and splitting tasks
- Heat treated working cutting edges produce fine grain structure and Rockwell
- Hardness Rc 45-55 for safety, edge holding and toughness
- Head coated with red enamel and cutting edges in clear lacquer to deter rust
- Equipped with straight 36"" American hickory handle
- Eye section is dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage and help prevent loosening
- Interior detail of the eye is tapered and allows for a strong mechanical bond
- Made in the USA!
- Ship wt. 5.5lb
Write Your Own Review