Kelway PH and Moisture Tester
Out of stock
SEE ALL TIER PRICING
Buy 30 for $143.07 each and save 5%Buy 75 for $112.53 each and save 26%
Kelway pocket size soil tester needs no chemicals - simply insert in soil for instant reading!Push button switch for measuring pH ranges from 3.5 to 8. Can be calibrated to maintain accuracy. Also measures soil moisture. Accuracy +/- .2 pH in acidic soils. Not designed for alkaline soils of 7.5+ pH or greater. Case included, 6 1/2in. long.
Tests soil in 3 minutes, no battery or chemicals, 6- 1/2in. overall length, 8oz. overall weight. Complete with carring case. PH range from 3.5 to 8. Used for testing soil not liquids.
Manufacturer promises these are accurate to within +/- .2 of a PH number in acid soil. These are not made for saline or alkaline soil with a pH over 7.5+ ph
Additional Product Information
Manufacturer supplies a 6 month warranty against defect in material or workmanship.
- QUESTION: How does the meter work? ANSWER: The meter utilizes a tiny flow of current through the two metal plates located on each side of the units housing.
- QUESTION: Which side of the cleansing sheet do I use? ANSWER: Use the dull side.
- QUESTION: Where can I get the green conditioning sheets to clean the Kelway Acidity Tester? ANSWER: Find them HERE.
- QUESTION: Can the meter be calibrated? ANSWER: When not in use the meter should read neutral at pH of 7. There is an adjustment screw in order to calibrate periodically if needed.
- QUESTION: Why test for soil acidity? ANSWER: Nutrients cannot dissolve in very acid or alkaline soil.
- QUESTION: Why choose a direct reading soil tester? ANSWER: Litmus paper is not accurate enough and is difficult to use and interpret. Laboratory glass electrode ph meters require buffer solutions, temperature control, power sources,clean equipment and are very fragile.
- QUESTION: Where is this product made? ANSWER: It is made in Japan
Write Your Own Review